Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adventures from Devos Children's Hospital

They sprang it on us Monday morning that we would have to come to Helen Devos Childrens hospital to admit lil Jason. This was the ONLY way that he could be seen by the gastroenterologist before October or November. Here we sit three days later with nothing to report. All tests cultures blood work have came back negative. The only thing that was uncovered during the whole process is that Jason has a urinary tract infection. He is doing well as far as hospital stays are considered. He is not on an i.v., he's only had to have blood drawn once, and a urine sample was taken. Hence the U.T.I. Other than that they cannot find any reason for him to be losing weight, and yes he's even lost weight while being here. They have done chromosomal testing, neurological testing, I swear we've met everyone in the place. Jason is having a ball they have tons of toys for him to play with and the nurses all love him. The highlight of our stay happened just five minutes after we reached our room (7004) I was filling out papers the doctor came in to meet us and I whipped around to great him and there stood Jason in all his glory, the nurse didn't put his onesie back on. Which resulted in him taking his diaper off of course and going pee right in the middle of the bed in front of the doctor! I was so mortified but laughed at the same time. That's all there is to report right now will keep everyone updated as we find out more. Hopefully we'll find the answer or be sent home soon.

Love the Mazur Family

No comments: